Sunday, November 25, 2007

Real Music by Real People:Claire Holley


You would be hard pressed to find a sweeter or more talented person than Claire Holley.

Claire is a southern girl with a big voice, and incredible songwriting talent. If I had to compare her to anyone, the closest I could come would be Patty Griffin or Emmylou Harris, but you should judge for yourself. My favorites among the MP3s offered are "6 Miles to Mckinney" (Dandelion), "Sleep Sleep" (Claire Holley), and "Fly Away Old Bird" and "Come Thou Fount" (Sanctuary).

We met Claire while we were living in Raleigh, and frequented her shows or ran into her at other people's shows for a number of years. Then she up and moved to LA and we have not seen her since. She will be playing a gig in Jackson, MS this month, and I think I am going to head down there and catch the show- especially since Shane's mom and dad just moved there and I will have a sitter! If you are in the area, the more the merrier!

No comments: