Friday, September 7, 2007

Paperback Book Swap/ Swap a CD

I love to read. A LOT. However, I am cheap in a lot of respects, and would much rather pick up books for a few pennies at yard sales or use my library card. Many of the books I have wanted to read in the last few years are not available at the local library, and I refuse to pay big money for them unless they are a classic or something I want to keep a long time. That is why I love PBS.

The way it works is simple... just type in the ISBNs of books you want to get rid of. Make a wish list of books you'd like, or order them off the site if they are already available. When a book is requested from you, you simply click a couple of places, a page prints out for you to wrap up the book, you take it to the post office and pay the shipping. When the book is received, you get a credit good toward another book for yourself. It's that easy.

There is a sister site called Swap a CD.com that is a similar format but with CDs. The credits can move back and forth between the two sites, so if you are getting rid of a lot of books you can get CDs and vice versa.

So far I have had only good experiences with both sites. You get automated email reminders and it is a great way to get your hands on some things you want for CHEAP.

And that is my middle name.

http://www.paperbackswap.com/

http://www.swapacd.com/




2 comments:

mysitesrock said...

Just wanted to say that now you can trade DVDs as well with SwapaDVD.com.

I started using it instead of my netflix account.

Love It!
SwapaDVD.com: Trade DVDs for FREE

Anonymous said...

I just came across your post while searching for a way to lower my book pile tower. Thanks so much for the info! I now have tried several of the swapping sites and just listed 20 books and dvds. (SwapSimple.com also seems to be a good one.) Thanks again! -K