Sunday, February 10, 2008

Add "photographer to the stars" to my resume...

After they transferred my grandmom to a regular hospital room on Friday I happily ran back to my car to get my suitcase and move in to her new space. As I was coming back through the lobby of the hospital I passed a large group of people gathered around a little lady in a wheelchair. There were probably 20-30 people all trying to get into a photo and deciding amongst themselves who should take the shot. Having been in that position myself, I spoke up- "I know you guys don't know me, but if you trust me with your camera I'd be happy to take your photo for you!" They happily turned the camera over to me, smiled and I snapped a couple of shots for them. They thanked me very kindly and I went on my way.

As I was leaving the lobby, a lady grabbed my arm and asked me if I knew who that was that I just snapped the pictures for. Being clueless as usual, and a little bit sleep and shower deprived I told her no, I didn't. Turns out it was gospel SUPERSTAR Donnie McClurkin.

Funny thing is, back in the day when I sold gospel music for a living- I must have sold HUNDREDS of his debut CD, all with a big photo of him on the front.

No comments: