Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Pray for Union University...

All the tornadoes that tore through the midsouth last week hit the small town of Jackson TN the hardest. Union University sustained a direct hit from an F4 tornado, amazingly with no loss of life.

Our former pastor from Mobile, Ed Litton (see my first post) had just moved his youngest son, Tyler, into the dorms at Union the week prior to the tornadoes. If you have heard the story about Pastor Ed from us or other sources, you will remember he lost his dear wife Tammy in the fall. I can only imagine his fear watching the news and seeing the devastation on that small campus and worrying about his son.

I ran across this video on youtube relating to God's protection of those young men and women on campus. This particular video is safe for all ages, but I won't say the same for other videos you may find on that site if you go poking around. (if the below embedded video does not work try this link to see it on youtube.)



Also, one of our good friend's parents home was destroyed in the same tornado. It was our friend's childhood home and her parents had hoped to live there the rest of their retirement. Please pray for them as they begin the process of rebuilding their lives and memories.

2 comments:

Allison said...

One of my childhood friends has a brother at Union. They drove from AL to go pick him up and all he had left was two small pplastic bags of stuff. Thankgoodness (and more importantly) he has his life. Seeing the photos, it really is amazing no one died there.

Anonymous said...

The devestation at Union was amazing. I actually attended a church youth camp there before I entered my freshman year in high school and stayed in those dorms. I even fractured my wrist there. It's a small world!