Monday, February 11, 2008

Thanks Ya'll!



It was a long week at the hospital with my grandmom, but I was glad I was able to be there for her and my grandpa. She is recouperating at home now and hopefully will get stronger every passing day.

I would like to take a moment to thank everyone as well as to give credit where it is due.

* Thanks be to our Great Physician for His healing and comfort when things looked their worst.

* Thanks to my grandmom's doctors and nurses- though some of you were better than others, you all did your jobs well. Thanks especially to those of you who went about your duties with a smile on your face and a song in your heart. You really were an encouragement to me when I needed it.

* Thanks to the staff of the ICU waiting room. This was by far the nicest waiting room I have ever been in, and I appreciate the fact that there are strict rules to keep it that way. Thanks especially to Dorsett and Jessica who were always laughing, smiling and helping families who were wandering through days of anxiety, grief and sleep deprivation. Jessica, thanks for having the sensitivity to realize the gravity behind waking a family member up in the wee hours of the morning to tell them they are needed upstairs.

* Thanks so much for everyone that prayed, whether I know you personally or not. I felt the comfort of so many people praying for me and my grandmom, words can not describe.

* Thanks to all of you who called and offered help and just a friendly ear to listen. Whether you called from Thailand, Athens, Memphis, California or North Carolina, it was GREAT to hear your voices when I needed them most. For those of you I had not spoken to in say- 15 years- thanks for being a better friend than I have been.

* Thanks to Brandy for stopping by the hospital with goodies and a hug. It was so good to see you.

* Thanks to my wonderful Mother in Law for keeping Coleman and holding down the fort in Memphis so I could be away.

* Thanks to Amanda for watching Coleman on short notice when we needed it on Friday afternoon. I hope he was not too much trouble- please let us know when we can reciprocate. I wanna get my hands on that cute baby!

* Thanks to all of you who emailed words of encouragement. It was great to spend time reading and replying to all of you during those long hours between visiting times.

* Finally, thanks to that ex-boyfriend who either did not recognize me in WalMart today or had the kindness not to speak up after not having any contact with me for 15 years. (I suspect the latter.) I'd not had a shower this morning, conditioned my hair in days and basically looked like I'd stepped off the set of "My Name is Earl". I would have been mortified to have a conversation with someone from my past- I was just trying to get home to my hubby and son as quickly as possible.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear your grandmother is improving. Hope life returns to "normal"-whatever that is-quickly! God bless. jean