Tuesday, February 19, 2008

That's Just My Bag Baby...


Those of you that know me, know that I am not really a purse kind of gal. Try fitting a digital camera, an I-Pod, a book, wallet, cell phone, gum, sunglasses and keys in your standard cute, girly purse. Add various things needed by a preschool boy, and it was obvious I had to come up with a better plan.

Christmas 2007 I was looking for a new bag. My grandparents gave me money and said, "Here, go buy yourself something from us and put it under the tree." I ran across these AWESOME messenger bags from Timbuk2 somewhere online, and knew right off that I had to have one. They are waterproof, come in a bajillion different sizes, shapes and colors, and look so much cooler than a backpack. Plus, they are designed to be slung over one shoulder, which is how I prefer to carry things anyway.

I went to our local specialty sports and outdoors store just to get my hands on one and try them out for size. I decided on the Classic Small Messenger because it had lots of little pockets to store things like cell phones, MP3 players, sunglasses and suckers, while still having one large central pocket for books, a jacket or my digital SLR camera. I especially like the way the flap closes with the clips and the rubber lined ballistic nylon which makes the entire thing very durable and water-resistant. The little key fob is nice as is the adjustable shoulder strap- even though I usually leave it fully extended. You can also order optional accessories such as strap pads, cell phone holders and the like to clip to the strap.

I found a marvelous deal on a "build your own bag" of sorts online, and ordered the mocha/baby blue/mocha one with silver interior and baby blue logo. When it came it was really difficult to wrap it up and put it under the tree, but I did. I could not WAIT to open it. That was over a year ago, and I am still using this thing every day. I have washed it once (in the washing machine) and it still looks as good as new. When the time comes I will not hesitate to order another. I only wish I had thought to get one of these when Coleman was a little baby instead of lugging a diaper bag around all those years!

No comments: